Odd Sound problem; need help!

Reaction score
I have no sound except when the screen times out and goes black! Neither the speakers nor the headphones work, but if I leave a video or podcast playing, switch to another window, and leave the room after the screen times out and a screensaver would come on, if I had one activated, the sound starts working but goes silent again as soon as I press a key or move the mouse to activate the screen. Any clue as to whether this is a setting somewhere, a bug introduced by an update, or something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Tommy

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have solved it!! For some unknown reason, the output device selection in SETTINGS had been changed. Changing it back has restored my sound. I have no idea how that setting was changed, but it's fixed now so no need to consider this a problem any longer. Thanks to all who took the time to think about possible solutions. Tommy

Ask a Question