SOLVED Office 2016 pro plus

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
5 minutes ago when I opened outlook 2016 to check my emails (which I've done several times today) has now become unlicensed. I've done both the quick and online repair and neither has helped. What the heck is going on? Anybody had this issue and how did you resolve it?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Well....after a bunch of hoops I had to go through, I finally got it resolved. Basically, I had to resign in to my MS office account page, go through those steps, re download office, reinstall it and now I'm activated. WTF!

Now to reboot and see what happens.....I'm just about this close to toss Windows 10 right out the window and switch to Linux on a permanent basis.

Reaction score
Hi @bassfisher6522,

I keep being told that there is a problem with my MS account and that I may have changed my PW, I have done no such thing, W10 is not stable imo but that might be just me?. :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
No.....not you. I agree with you that there is something fishy with windows 10. Especially in the way it gathers ones personal data behind the scenes. Now, waiting on Congress to deal with Zuckerburg and his shenanigans of data mining as this may be directly related to the delay of SCU. If so, how is MS going to handle it's personal data mining practices.

Reaction score
There is this in the settings, but, as they wrote the code, it is fairly meaningless.
Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

I would be careful with that one, Wolifie. If a keylogger has been slipped into your os somewhere, then then, whoever, will have your password and subsequent profile details.
FWIW. I have never had the particular problem as in your op. I restore and renew images countless times. On a fresh install, I do have to sign in to Office with my MS account to reactivate it.

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Thanks....mine is already set to that.

What does the term "BASIC" actually/really mean, other than the vague description it gives. The trust has been broken and it's now just coming to light....PIC, the Zuckerburg hearing.

Reaction score
Here's something to worry about chaps, the new terms of use agreement:

:(

As far as other things going wrong, my system also went AWOL @bassfisher6522 and I had to re-activate it as well as the thing about my account having a problem which I never use it anyway!.. :)

I use Linux (Ubuntu based systems) most of the time anyway as the privacy settings are really simple and afaik, they do honour it!: :):):)

privacy ubuntu.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question