SOLVED Newer version of Office 2016?

Reaction score
Anyone have any info on an updated Office version release date? I would like to stay away from Office 365 but don't really want to purchase 2016 since it is already having problems with new Win 10 builds.

If someone were to suggest there may no longer be updates for anything other than Office 365, it would not be unexpected. Although, it does look like the Office Insiders are talking about a Office Desktop version being worked on.

Thanks..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Office 2019 will be here in a few months, so not long to wait. It looks like there will be some nice improvements :). There will still be a non-365 version, although I really do like O365 (especially for e-mail access).

I'm running Office 2016 with Windows 10 at the moment, and I've had a couple of odd problems (namely activation popups for no reason), but it works well 99.99% of the time.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, Ian. I did see a thread in the Office Insiders threads referencing prior releases and time between. According to that, it appears you are correct in that the release may be some time soon and possibly not later than September.

I was thinking about Office 365 because of my 5 machines. It would be convenient but I don't really use it that much although I think I would like Outlook more than the built-in mail app.

I suppose I have a problem with the yearly fee for 365 but I may still go that route..

Thanks again.

Ask a Question