SOLVED Fresh install with newer W10 ISO

Reaction score
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/avoiding-the-media-creation-tool.12754/#post-63245

Hi all,

the link above is more of a reference for me as I am slow on certain things (read my signature! :D).

Please bear with me on this as it requires explanation.

1: On my main PC I initially installed W10 using the update tool, updated from W7 no problems there!.

2: I downloaded a German language 32 bit ISO (yes I know, please shoot me!) although I have a 64 bit PC and burnt that to a DVD. I did a complete disk wipe with the DVD and installed W10 no problem. (I can add the English language no problem but it still stays in German in part!).

3: Now if I try and install W10 directly again (skipping past the W7 install first) with a 64 bit USB version of W10, it tells me that the W7 key isn't valid, if I try with the 32 bit DVD version of W10 (in German), it installs no problem without the need to install W7 first.

4: I can only do a complete fresh install of W10 with the 32 bit German version but would prefer 64 bit over 32 bit in English (my native language).

5: How can I get around this problem as my digital signature seems to be stuck on the 32 bit version?.

6: Here are my PC's specs (I currently have the 64 bit version installed but I must install W7 first!):
pc specs.JPG

Any suggestions people?. :)

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Sure...

Press Win key + R to open a run box
Type SLUI 3 and press "Enter"

Then add your key there to dialog and proceed to completion.

WIndows 10 home :( My wife's laptop came with that nonsense installed, you can buy a cheap as chips Windows 10 Pro license on Amazon just as a FYI.

Tip: you can use the Windows 10 ISO Download Tool to bypass the media creation tool altogether. See the Useful Software/Downloads List topic

I downloaded a German language 32 bit ISO (yes I know, please shoot me!)
Sure ;)

Last edited:

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Its Friday, Don't work too hard at hardly working ;)

Have a nice day.

Reaction score
Press Win key + R to open a run box
Type SLUI 3 and press "Enter"
HI Data,

downloading the 64 bit ISO file now. :p

At what point do I do the above?, I want to boot directly from the USB drive and install W10 that way, do I ignore the request for my W7 number and do the above once fully installed?. o_O

Thanks. :)

I was looking at the price of W10 keys on eBay yesterday, I cannot believe how cheap they are, are they fully legal?, one price I saw was Euro 4.88. There is also an eBay guarantee!. :D

Nice song btw!. :p

Last edited:

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
At what point do I do the above?, I want to boot directly from the USB drive and install W10 that way, do I ignore the request for my W7 number and do the above once fully installed?. o_O

Yes.

I was looking at the price of W10 keys on eBay yesterday, I cannot believe how cheap they are, are they fully legal?, one price I saw was Euro 4.88. There is also an eBay guarantee!. :D

I simply dont use/like eBay, I dont care about their guarantees and to me aren't worth the pixels on the screen. Amazon are better and less chance to get shafted.

Reaction score
Hi Data,

thanks, everything works as expected after fresh install and entering the W7 number with the command provided above. :p

Have marked as solved. :D

Reaction score
Just to add, on my 2nd PC (laptop), I used the same USB stick and this time I didn't even need to enter my W7 key?, it activated anyway!.. :D

Ask a Question