Monitor freeze after fresh install of win 10

Reaction score
Hello, so i posted on this forum a long while ago about a windows 10 BSOD and i have been lately having problems with my monitor freezing mid-game in counter strike: global offensive. (haven't tested any other game)
So i'll tell you how this started:
my computer suddenly started getting these BSOD with the message "critical process died" after my computer screen froze (mid-game of cs:go) and i had to restart it and i was in a loop of "critical process died" BSOD.
re-installed windows 10, downloaded google chrome, steam, discord and Geforce Experience.
Installed the latest updates from windows updates and Geforce Experience.
Went into a game of counter strike: global offensive and the screen froze, could still hear my team talking and all the sounds worked but the screen froze. I tried talking to my team and it worked but i needed to restart my computer. I have no idea what is causing this but these things did not work for me:
(1) install newest updates,
(2) install GPU driver updates through Geforce Experience,
(3) reset BIOS settings

Reaction score

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 575

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
(2) install GPU driver updates through Geforce Experience,
I have a Nvidia GPU and I despise the Geforce Experience, so I don't install it. For the simple fact of; just because there is a new GPU driver update doesn't mean that I need to download it. If you can, roll the gpu driver back to the previous version. If not then uninstall the current GPU with DDU. Then download the previous version from Nivdia.

Ask a Question