Once The Computer Goes To Sleep, I Can't Wake It Up Without Rebooting

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Would you mind providing some specifics as to the computer system we're talking about.
Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Complete Model Number, etc.
Someone with a similar configuration might have some recommendation that may help.

Reaction score
Brand new HP x360 Core I5 6th Gen came with Windows 10 Home installed, possbily something updated since ever since I've had this laptop pressing Sleep, cannot awake laptop with keyboard, USB mouse, or trackpad, side on/off button blinks but is unresponsive, I have to hold the button in for 5 seconds then it shuts off. Only way to restart this laptop. I've tried so many fixes posted online but nothing seems to correct this problem, no one at the HP Forum has supplied a fix, HP says all my drivers/bios is up to date!, will be calling HP support this weekend and see if they can figure this out, maybe someone here has the same Laptop and has figured a fix for this issue?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Turkemon, much appreciated.
Please keep us posted as to what you and HP Support figure out, I think a lot of folks will be interested in your findings.
Regards
Randy

Reaction score
I had a similar problem when the alternate Nvidia video adapter was failing on a system using the switchable graphics. It may not be a video adapter but another device will not allow it to wake.

You might check the Event Viewer to see if it is showing a repeating error or warning which may be related.

Reaction score
From my experience Denis, that does seem to be the case. But if it is, why do the OEMs keep manufacturing them.

Sleep and video drivers are closely related since the video driver appears to be were the Sleep option comes from.

Reaction score
Hi Denis, Yes I tried the Intel Driver Update Utility, and it indicated only my Blue tooth/Wireless drivers needed updating but those were already updated, so it seemed to be an error indication by Intel, but possibly there's an issue with the Bluetooth/Wireless, but my wireless is working ok? Is there a way for me to force an upgrade by intel?

Reaction score
you need to be sure its intel chipset ... in system you can see it

at leat go on the manufacturer website ! and check driver they give you ...some dont update driver but you can see witch one you need to search for

me i use a soft called aida to find it rapidly

http://www.aida64.com/

im not sure if they have a demo

Reaction score
you need to be sure its intel chipset ... in system you can see it

at leat go on the manufacturer website ! and check driver they give you ...some dont update driver but you can see witch one you need to search for

me i use a soft called aida to find it rapidly

http://www.aida64.com/

im not sure if they have a demo
Denis, it looks like the IntelDriverUtil got updated yesterday, so I'll need to download the new version.
Will check to make sure I have an Intel chipset, I believe I say it was, will check tonight...thanks.

Reaction score
Any luck getting the HP to wake up after sleep mode? I have to manually power down every time ever since the windows 10 upgrade. I can't believe they haven't fixed this bug yet!

Reaction score
Ran the IntelDriverUtil doesn't show issues with my Chipset dirvers, only Bluetooth/Wifi, My chipset on this laptop is the Intell 100 series chipset Family PCI Express. Not much last night, still same issues with sleep, will get online with HP support this weekend and see if someone there has any answers, definitely a driver issue. Event viewer does have some yellow & red issues, one showed Intel Engine management issue so hopefully HP support can key in on these.
Will post back if any updates...:eek:

Reaction score
A few error dumps from my event viewer, can anyone here shed some info on what these may mean?
Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3A&SUBSYS_80D1103C&REV_21\3&11583659&0&B0 had a problem starting.
Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3A&SUBSYS_80D1103C&REV_21\3&11583659&0&B0 had a problem starting.
Active Health executable didn't pass digital signature validation. Execution aborted:
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\ActiveHealth.exe]
AESMService: SGX disabled
The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this
reduced performance state for 19 seconds since the last report.
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped
responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_0483&PID_91D1&Col01\6&1ee98eef&0&0000.

Reaction score
If I was checking the system, I think I would start with what appears to be an HP utility. Whether it is the source of the problem or just involved, hard to say.

Active Health executable didn't pass digital signature validation. Execution aborted:
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\ActiveHealth.exe]
AESMService: SGX disabled

The first Device listed appears to be the Intel Management Engine interface which is normally listed in the System Devices in the Device Manager.

The last device, since it is an HID device may be a connected device or even a touchscreen. If you look in Device Manager, right click a device and select properties, you may be able to match the numbers to the Details Tab under Hardware ID.

Reaction score
Supposely have the latest BIOS, but not sure if the 6th Gen Skylake requires a change in a BIOS setting?
This laptop is going back to HP since it is only 2 weeks old and under warranty. Updated many drivers but so far the sleep/shutdown setting don't work well, I'm sure it's driver issues but HP support wasn't able to figure it out
with me over the phone or linking in.

Reaction score
I determined this device is the Intel Graphics HD 520 Driver which I supposedly have the latest driver loaded?

Reaction score
This driver Intel Graphics HD 520 as been implicated in many a failed to awaken from SLEEP issues, I saw the issues with the Surface Pro. Hopefully a updated version will eventually solve this issue.

Ask a Question