SOLVED Outlook 2013 can't open outlook data file (.pst)

Reaction score
I have a new Alienware 17 R4 with 256GB PCIe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage). To save space I moved My Documents, downloads, music, pictures and video from the SSD to the storage Harddrive. I followed directions from a PCWORLD article ,
How-To
Move your libraries to a second drive or partition. Everything went as expected and I double checked and everything was moved correctly. One of the items moved, the My Documents folder, containes my outlook data file (.pst). When I open Outlook 2013, the only folder showing besides my email address is the deleted folder. I have checked the accounts page, it correctly shows the path to the moved file but will not open it. I have a second email account which opens just fine, but for some reason was in a different folder under user, this remained as it wasn't in the My Documents folder. Will someone please explain how I can reestablish a correct pathway. Would deleting the email address then adding it back create a new pathway that works. I'm not worried about data loss as everything is duplicated on a second computer, but I still need to correct this. I thank whomever is willing to help me with this.

Ask a Question