Outlook 2013 Reconnect

Reaction score
I have Outlook 2013 and have been receiving exciting messages that I have to reconnect with Outlook. I'm being told to create a new profile but am buffaloed as to what this is and what it will do. I know how to create a new profile but what happens to my saved email, directories etc when I do? Do I lose all that? Do I have to create all my email (server) addresses again?
Has anyone else on here received this notice and if so, can someone please lead me through this. The site that gives the so called instructions that I cannot follow is as follows ...

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...0bf-bf76-e79454ac5eb3?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I got the same email today, with that link included.
I just ignored it.
My outlook is working fine without any issues.
Are you having some particular problems with Microsoft "Outlook"? The one that is usually part of Office or Office 365 unless purchased as a separate stand-alone package.

Reaction score
I've had no problems other than noticing the one (I'll call it a directory) under the email address and it says in a couple of them have - Draft (this computer only). I removed one of the email addresses and put it in again no problem. But I removed one with a hotmail address and I'm presently having problems getting that one back in again. Not sure why. I've tried it the automatic way and manually and I still am having problems with it.

Reaction score
Managed to get the hotmail account up and running in Outlook again. When I remove an email address, then add it again the automatic way, the "draft (this computer only)" disappears. Apparently that means those addresses will sync with whatever I should do or use in web-mail, if that makes sense. Now I must shut my eyes in sleep.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What this is telling you; is that Outlook 2013/2016 wont receive anymore emails because of the way sync works. MS has changed that. So what you have to do is; with any outlook.com/live.com/hotmail.com accounts, log in to the web service through any browser, sign in then sign out and then sign back in again. This will reset the sync portion and your Outlook 2031/1016 will continue to receive those emails from those accounts. If you don't do this they will stop coming into MS email client of Outlook 2013/2016.

Note: when you do do this. If you will look at the top of the web service email in a browser, in the top left corner the old name will have "Outlook.com". After doing the above the name will change to Outlook mail.

This mine after I sign in/signed out and signed back in....notice the name change.

outlook mail.PNG

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Going into the account on the web, back out and back in doesn't do the trick for me. I had to literally go in and remove each email address and by adding it again (which is a lot more simpler than it was) the "draft (this computer only) disappears which apparently means everything is in sync. This seems to have done it for me unless suddenly my computer catches fire.

Reaction score
I still notice in two mail accounts the following directory, "Sync Issues (this computer only). Is this normal to see such or should I really be concerned?

Reaction score
Let me explain it this way. Let's say within Outlook 2013, over on the left you have an email address, for example,
(e-mail address removed) ------- then underneath that you have
Inbox ------------------------- then underneath that you have what is called
Sync Issues (this computer only)

Now, the fact that it is saying "this computer only" is saying it's not syncing with the web. At least this is what I'm gathering from reading here and there.
My question is, am I right in thinking that or am I wrong? If i am right, what do I do to make that sync or get rid of it OR would you just leave it alone?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm running Outlook 2016 and I see a sub folder named "sync issues", then some sub folder in that folder, which are all empty.

sync.PNG

This is how all my outlook.com email accounts look.

Reaction score
One more happy question if you don't mind. Why is it that these "sync' directories are only in the gmail & yahoo accounts and not in the Outlook accounts?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I believe they will only appear for email accounts that are configured as IMAP and or Exchange / Active Sync.
That's why I don't have any, because all my email accounts that I use with Office Outlook are configured as POP3 / SMTP including Gmail, Comcast and Hotmail / Outlook.com

Ask a Question