Outlook 2019 and gmail

Reaction score
Outlook 2019 stopped working with gmail and it will not allow me to set up the account.
Any special settings that is currently working ?
I am using it for cctv pictures

Reaction score
i don't use Outlook ( the real one that is part of Microsoft 365) but every so often on my Insider machine I try it. It always works perfectly with Gmail...but with Rogers it fails more often than not

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check for Windows 10 Updates
AND
Then check for Office Updates

Got a call from a friend this weekend and his Outlook was spaszing out on him.
I did a fast look at his machine with Quick Assist and found that he needed both.
Seemed to work perfectly after he caught up on everything.

Reaction score
Hello Narinesa,
Your Gmail may not be connected to outlook to do this
1. Enable POP/IMAP in Gmail
Log into your Gmail account and click on a small gear in the right top corner of the window. Select Settings. After that, go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP
Under IMAP Access, select Enable IMAP.
Select Save Changes.
2. Enable folders
Outlook and Mail for Windows 10 need access to your folders in Gmail. Make sure that the folders are set to show in IMAP.

In a browser, go to Gmail.com.
Select Settings > Settings.
Select the Labels tab.
Make sure that Show in IMAP is selected for Inbox, Sent Mail, Trash, and All Mail.
You can also select Show in IMAP for other labels that you want to see in Outlook or Mail for Windows 10.

3. Refresh Outlook or Mail for Windows 10
Once you've enabled IMAP in Gmail and set your Gmail folders to show in IMAP, refresh Outlook or Mail for Windows 10.
It can take about 10-15 min to sync.

Ask a Question