SOLVED Outlook 365 Add-ins

Reaction score
I have been successfully using an Outlook 365 add-in from Sperry Software called “Send Individually.” It allows you to send an individual email to every recipient in a contact group without displaying the email addresses of the other members in the group. Suddenly Microsoft has changed the way Outlook works and if I try to run this add-in Outlook crashes. I was able to reach Sperry today (I didn’t realize it was Saturday) and spoke to the owner of the company who happened to be in. He informed me that Microsoft is changing the way Outlook works and that his and many other add-ins that are not from Microsoft will no longer work. It seems to fit in with the fact that Microsoft now demands that if I want to receive my Gmail email within my Outlook program, I have to give Microsoft full access to my Gmail contacts, email, and everything else about me and Google. I really need to be able to send individual emails to group members. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I didn't receive an answer to Microsofts action but I did have someone suggest an alternative that I don't need to pay for. Their suggestion was to send the message I intend for a large group of people to myself via another email account I have and then enter the contact group in the BCC field. I haven't tried it but the premise is that each one of the contacts in the BCC field will not see the other emails and if they reply it will only come back to me at my alternate email address. I'm going to try it. Sorry to have posted something that seems to be so simple to work around but I had never used BCC over the years, only various Outlook add-ins.

Ask a Question