SOLVED Outlook 365 Contact Sort Problems

Reaction score
I use Microsoft 365 with an Outlook 365 Exchange account with 2 mailboxes. In Outlook I have 851 contacts with no duplicates. When I sort the contacts looking for a person by last name, the sort returns 2 of each contact it finds with that last name. One of them is a correct copy of a contact I have, except it lists "Country/Region" for that contact which is not a column I have for my contacts. The second listing for the same contact name does not show a "Contact/Region" and, when opened, it is shown in different font styles and colors than I have ever used. I have updated the Microsoft 365 apps, rebuilt the index, repaired the program via the suggested Microsoft repairs and I still get 2 of each contact when I search for a name. Any ideas?

Reaction score
After working with MS support remotely on my computer, the problem was found to be with my new domain/email provider GoDaddy. For those not aware of it, if you want to use a custon email address on a domain you own in Outlook 365 now, it has to be through an Exchange account on GoDaddy. It seems that MS has an "arrangement" with GoDaddy. Evidently GD did not migrate my domain and email correctly from my old MAPI provider and arrange for each email to share the same contact list. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with GD tech support, who does not provide remote hook ups. He kept putting me on hold while he checked with other support people and then had me make a number of changes in my Outlook settings, all above my pay grade. Throughout this he assured me that he had my phone number and would call me if anything happened to our connection (he was in Mexico) before we solved the problem. After one failed attempt to repair the problem, now 6 hours ago, I suddenly got dial tone. I'm going to call GD tomorrow and "discuss" all of this. While my problem is not any better, I am writting this in the hope that others won't be forced to go through the same waste of time due to MS forcing themselves a little deeper into our lives and pocket books, this time using GD as a front.

Ask a Question