Outlook Express mail won't open.

Reaction score
Outlook Express worked fine a couple of days ago. This morning it won't open, I do not have office 365, and all the questions I've seen about Outlook not opening relate to Office. Why is Outlook not opening.

Reaction score
Outlook express has been discontinued for a long time. To my knowledge, it does not run in Windows 10, unless you are currently using the hacked version?

Reaction score
OK, maybe it's not Outlook Express, but when I installed Windows 10, I HAD to create a mail account for @outlook.com. I already have one for @comcast.net which I've used for years and my husband has one @gmail.com. All of these would show up when I clicked on the Mail icon that was added to my desktop when I installed Windows 10. I don't have any idea what version this is or if it is an old hacked version, I'm not a computer tech. I used this just day before yesterday, and now when I click on it, it won't open, nothing happens, no messages, nothing. I did find one suggestion that said go to the admin prompt command and do sfc/scannow. It did the scan and found no problems. Most of the questions I found were people who couldn't open their mail after installing Office. I did not install Office.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I had a brief glitch with the "Mail" app in Windows 10 yesterday.... combined of course with the same glitch in the "Calendar" app.
Checking the "Store" app I found a mail and calendar update pending and apparently hung. I simply paused it, waited a brief moment or so and then resumed them.
It installed then and afterwards the mail app and calendar app worked.
Not sure if you might be experiencing the same thing, but it might be worth looking into.

Reaction score
I had a brief glitch with the "Mail" app in Windows 10 yesterday.... combined of course with the same glitch in the "Calendar" app.
Checking the "Store" app I found a mail and calendar update pending and apparently hung. I simply paused it, waited a brief moment or so and then resumed them.
It installed then and afterwards the mail app and calendar app worked.
Not sure if you might be experiencing the same thing, but it might be worth looking into.

Geeze, had to do this a few days ago so I could get a DVD to run. Have had more problems with 10, have to log on every time to Facebook, even though I say keep me logged on. I use a chat forum and have to go back to Internet explorer to use it because with Windows 10 I lose everything I post. Aaarggh. But I'll got to the store and try this. Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK.... just check by clicking your account icon near the top right of the store app and choose downloads and updates and then the check for updates button if nothing is present.

Ask a Question