Download Outlook Express

Reaction score
I am slightly amazed that anyone would have gone to the trouble to get Outlook Express back from the dead.

Reaction score
It was good enough. Everything the normal user needed. It could easily have been retained as the OSs were developed. But it matters not. Live Mail can still be used but is suffering the same fate.
With MSOutlook costing a little, when packaged with Office, it does seem that Microsoft are anxious to drive users either towards there own "Mail" or online Outlook, or use a third party product.
In any event, poker Guy had his question answered. What he wishes to do with the info is his concern.

Reaction score
I was thinking of the person who made OE work on W10 not The Poker Guy. And as for that warning about Windows uninstalling it, well, I am used to that as the old versions of games are uninstalled as well ( although the scoring is left alone).

Reaction score
I think the real issue with these older email programs OE, is security, the newer @outlook.com system is secure and seems to be working well. I access my accounts either POP or Imap and either through the internet interface or my Office outlook.I just wish they would settle on one solution and just update it rather than creating all these new programs. My wife hates having to learn and new email program again every couple of years.

Reaction score
I agree. One solid mail client that is around for years. In fact the 'real' Outlook has been around with Office for a long time...if that was embedded in Windows or sold separately and cheaply it would do fine.

I use Thunderbird which is a good 10 years old now.

Reaction score
I have the "Separate" edition in my library. (Got it Free)
It is the weirdest install I have ever encountered. I cannot remember figures, but it installs the whole of the Office suite, but only makes the Outlook part available. A few hacks (illegal, of course) and you probably have a slightly cheaper MsOffice.

Later.
Just looked at trouble's link.

Scroll down to the requirements. 3gbs Space required. High price, high resource for an Email program. I am very unclear as to what MS are up to with that one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure that I would be willing to pay for Outlook as a separate program, I have used Office from it inception, I used word and excel before they were integrated into Office. So to me Outlook is a natural. Over the years have tried different email programs, I never really found one better or even as good actully

Reaction score
Agreed. Live Mail had me hooked for a long while, but when I got my feet under the table with Outlook, I never looked back.

Reaction score
Outlook express and big brother Outlook, both great programs. I wonder if MS have plans for a new mail program and merge all the mail apps into one program or was that the intention of Office 365? If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

Reaction score
I think @outlook.com is intended to absorb all but Outlook office. and all @outlook.com, @msn.com @mail.com @Hotmail.com all work within Outlook Office.
I have @Hotmail and @msn and @outlook.com all are now running in Exchange Server, secure mode. I access them all from Office Outlook, and occasionally from there web interfaces

Ask a Question