SOLVED Unable to connect to outlook express

Reaction score
G'Day,

I am unable to connect to my outlook express account on either my laptop or desk computer.

I can get access to it on my laptop if I use mobile broadband.

I have tried system restore a couple of times with no success.

What can I do?

Reaction score
Do you know you are in a Windows 10 Forum?
OE has not ben useable for a l--on--g time
What OS are you using?

Reaction score
G'Day Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know you are in a Windows 10 Forum?

Yes

OE has not ben useable for a l--on--g time

I had it on both Chrome and Fire fox.
3 or 4 months ago it stopped working on Chrome, then a fortnight ago it stopped working on Firefox.
But I can still get access to it on mobile broad band on my laptop.

What OS are you using?

Edition, Window 10 Home

System Type, 64 bit OS, x64 based processor

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Me and Dave are both confused by your use of OE (outlook express). The reason being....is it has been discontinued for sue for more than 10 years now. Furthermore, it's a stand alone email client (software) that's not associated with any browser.

So I have to as the question: Are you using the correct vernacular? Do you mean something else?

Reaction score
P4091648.JPG
P4091649.JPG

I have taken photo of what I get on both Chrome (top) and Fire fox (bottom)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Ah...thank you. That is not Outlook Express......that is the new web-based email from MS called Outlook.com (Outlook).

To access Outlook via a browser (chrome/firefox) you have to sign in with your MS account. That is usually a outlook.com email address and password.

What happens when you let it load all the way....that is when the line goes solid blue? Do you get in and have access to your emails?

Reaction score
Windows Mail (Outlook) is a built in Mail program. It is sitting in the menu, from where you can pin it to the taskbar.
If you open it from there, after setting up your Email (This is automatic, once you have signed in with the MS account), you get this:

Capture.PNG

There is no requirement to open it via a browser, but, of course, this can be done by creating a link.

Reaction score
Ah...thank you. That is not Outlook Express......that is the new web-based email from MS called Outlook.com (Outlook).

Sorry I didn't know this.

To access Outlook via a browser (chrome/firefox) you have to sign in with your MS account. That is usually a outlook.com email address and password.

I tried this but keeps telling me that that my password is incorrect, its not checked it in password manager.

What happens when you let it load all the way....that is when the line goes solid blue? Do you get in and have access to your emails?

This is a copy and paste of what I get when the line goes solid blue.

This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall
  • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Last edited:
Reaction score
Windows Mail (Outlook) is a built in Mail program. It is sitting in the menu, from where you can pin it to the taskbar.
If you open it from there, after setting up your Email (This is automatic, once you have signed in with the MS account), you get this:

View attachment 5138

There is no requirement to open it via a browser, but, of course, this can be done by creating a link.

When I type outlook in to the search bar in the task-bar, In the pop up box I get "Microsoft outlook 2007 desktop app" is this the one?

Or if I type in Windows Mail, I get Windows Live Mail page then I get a box pop up with the following,

Unable to send or receive messages for the Live.com (wm460) account.

Server Error: 3219
Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005

Reaction score
No. That is the regular, and long standing Email which is amalgamated with MS Office. An excellent program, by the way, but too many facilities and options for the average domestic user. Once it is set up, though, it's a breeze

Can't help with the Live Mail. That is also redundant in Windows 10

Why not give Windows Mail a try, to get you back quickly into the Win 10 Email circuit?

Scroll down the start menu to "Mail". Right click and select "More" Pin to Taskbar.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, I did this I have been using this for the last few day, so I am getting used to it.

Thanks for all your help.

Reaction score
Strangely Outlook.com has started to work again on both chrome and firefox.

Ask a Question