Unable to connect to internet after latest update.

Reaction score
After the latest update yesterday of win10, I was able to connect to the internet. But once my laptop was shut down, I've been unable to connect since. Rebooted wireless remote and double checked all of the connections. Defender took over as my firewall from Advast. I've been able to shut off Defender but am still unable to connect to the net. In my wanderings, I did come across "report" that information was being sent but nothing going past some unknown firewall. As far as I know there are only 2; defender and Advast.

HELP!!!!!

Thank you in advance.

Susie Rose

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The first think I would try, would be to completely uninstall Avast.
Using the programs and features applet in the control panel first and then follow that up by running their vendor specific, proprietary, removal tool.
https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
To get rid of any remnants lying about.
Reboot and see if things were better.

Reaction score
Thank you I'll give it a try. I pay for advast and this is the first time that I've had any problems.

I'm going to head out to Best Buy to get a couple of USB drives. Two weeks ago I lost my external drive where I had everything saved to. (It dropped to the floor from a seated position.) I don't want to lose anything that I've managed to save from across the internet. It sucks when you lose many PDFs of the patterns that you've written...the patterns that have yet to be published and 2 books that you were in the process of writing

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to know, and.....
Thanks for the follow-up.
Much appreciated.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question