Outlook won't load in Edge

Reaction score
Outlook wont load in Microsoft edge on my Laptop, but will in chrome. I have always used edge since w10, worked last week fine then disappeared and now wont reload.

Can I add I am not the best techie person so if anyone can help great so I don't have to switch to chrome to read my emails.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Outlook....do you mean the web-based outlook or the email client outlook that is part of MS Office?

Reaction score
I was wondering that myself but since she uses edge for outlook I am thinking the web based outlook (which by the way works on my pc wonderful)....

Reaction score
I guess that's why was named Outlook.com. My Hotmail.com links now go to Outlook.com but login and passwords haven't changed, yet. It has been slowly changing over the last couple of years and now shows as https://outlook.live.com/owa/.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I not sure what you mean by "the one you get with edge". I don't use edge...I really dislike it. That said, I opened up edge and I don't see anywhere on the homepage that shows, states Outlook.

You state you can access it in Chrome.....have you checked any other browser like Firefox and IE? Have you reset Edge to default settings?

Reaction score
I not sure what you mean by "the one you get with edge". I don't use edge...I really dislike it. That said, I opened up edge and I don't see anywhere on the homepage that shows, states Outlook.

You state you can access it in Chrome.....have you checked any other browser like Firefox and IE? Have you reset Edge to default settings?

Reaction score
I TOLD YOU I AM NOT A TECH WIZ, DONT KNOW HOW TO RESET EDGE TO DEFAULT SETTINGS. I HAVE BEEN USING EDGE SINCE I UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 IN 2015.
NO II HAVEN'T TRIED FIREFOX OR IE TRIED CHROME FIRST

Reaction score
Internet based outlook is now, for me, coming up in a Beta. If I log out, then I am automatically taken to the default home page - MSN. But, I am digressing. My Outlook address is now
https://outlook.live.com/mail/#/inbox
I suggest, Corrine, that you type in the address
https://outlook.live.com/mail,
and see if that takes you to the new format.
From your posts, it doesn't seem that you have a problem with edge, so you need not worry about resetting it. You have the new address wrong. If you are successful with this, then make a new link/favourite, to it.

Reaction score
davehc. I have the same problem. Since the most recent MS update, I have not been able to access outlook.com from Edge. I was able to do so before the update. So now I'm forced to use Chrome to access it. I tried the two links you provided. They take me to the Outlook home page, but when I click on "sign in," the screen goes white and does not take be to the sign-in page.

Ask a Question