Partition Deleted after Windows 10 Installation

Reaction score
I stupidly upgraded my Windows 8.1 PC without backing up my 2nd partition on my 4TB Hard drive. Now everything on Partition 2 seems to be missing..in fact the whole partition does not show up on "This PC" it shows on Disk Management or third party partition software as unallocated...and when I try to create a new partition there..it says that your drive is an MBR Drive and everything above 2 TB cannot be utilised ! Can Anyone here suggest a solution ? Thanks

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
When doing an OS upgrade it's imperative to do a system image in case something goes horrible wrong. Then one should make sure all peripherals are unplugged, externally and internally. This includes all USB devices and extra HDD's installed. So the only thing effected is the PC/laptop with only the 1 drive attached.

So now what you've got to do is track down the mobo drivers and update them, if your mobo has windows 10 support.

Ask a Question