Password box does not exist

Reaction score
I'm running a cyberpower windows10 pc. I locked my computer for about 5 minutes to go talk to a friend. After I get back to unlock my pc, the password box does not exist and I cannot even type my password blind. Holding shift and restarting seems to have no effect on triggering anything. Please help

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi crankedwalk,

Welcome to the Forum.

Does your lock screen display an icon with your username beneath it?

If it does try clicking the icon, which may take you to a standing login page.

Failing that, try pressing Ctrl and Alt and Del keys together which may also reveal the password field.

Let us know how you go.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Ctrl+alt+delete did not reveal the password field though. The lock screen also does not have any icon or username

Regedit32

Reaction score
On that lock screen if you can see the power icon, press and hold your Shift key down then click power and select Restart

This ought to allow you to restart to Recovery console where you can troubleshoot and attempt to repair windows.

Reaction score
To press and hold my power button and click restart did not bring up a troubleshoot, but rather continued to restart normally. I have tried this with another keyboard as well with the same result.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Press and hold your SHIFT KEY DOWN while clicking the power icon and selecting shutdown.

After clicking Shutdown, release the SHIFT Key

Reaction score
This too has had no effect on opening a troubleshoot of any kind. Is it possible that a virus would be able to get rid of my ability to login to my pc?

Ask a Question