Can't enter the password, the box doesn't appear.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a problem here with my Asus pc. I can't enter the password because the box doesn't appear, I have tried shift+left click restart but the troubleshoot doesn't seem to appear. Ty

Reaction score
Henery,
Have you tried using your mouse by holding down the left mouse button and sliding/moving the mouse/screen upward? I sometimes have to do this with my computer; usually a couple of times. Let me know if that does not work for you.

Reaction score
Henery,
I found this information from a Microsoft Forum Moderator.
This is a known issue in Build 10041. Microsoft is aware of the issue and is investigating a fix.

If you encounter this issue, try clicking the “Switch User” button, and then pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL to resolve the issue. It may take a couple tries, but this may temporarily fix the issue without needing to press the power button.

K.Z. Sharief Khan
Ex-Microsoft Forum Moderator

Reaction score
I have the same issue. You have to reboot your computer and the login box will appear then.

Reaction score
"
This is a known issue in Build 10041. Microsoft is aware of the issue and is investigating a fix.
"
10041 was a very early Insider build over 2 years ago. I refuse to believe that is still current now as 10041 expired back in 2015.

Reaction score
Henery. What edition are you using, Win 10 Pro or Home, or an insider build?

Ask a Question