I can't enter my pin or password!

Reaction score
I activated Avast for protection and now I can't type my pin or password. It seems like my keyboard is not working. I'm on vacation and very frustrated. I have an Asus pro laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I assume that by "Avist" you actually mean Avast, and.....
I can't imagine why that would have impacted your keyboard although I've never used it.

Can you use the "Ease of Access" icon on the sign-in screen to bring up the On Screen Keyboard (Osk.exe) and use that to enter your password?

Do you have a spare USB wired keyboard that you can try to see if it provides any different results?

Reaction score
See if you can download the Avast removal tool using another computer. Put it on a thumb drive and then boot your computer into safe mode. Run the Avast removal tool in safe mode and then reboot your computer. I would then stay away from Avast. It used to be a great program years ago but has recently gone downhill. This was when they expanded it to be an everything program. I refuse to install it on my customer's computers now.

Ask a Question