SOLVED Password not accepted

Reaction score
When I upgraded from windows 8 960 dell to windows 10 it looked fine when I first started but when I put my password it did nothing,I kept clicking it and tried to review my password but it just started loading then the page stopped loading,it shut off then it loaded on the windows page then i tried again,this repeated 18 times!And I need access on my computer for school.Please helppp

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi John,

Windows 10 likes to sync with the Microsoft Accounts.

If you have one (e.g. Hotmail, MSN, Windows Live Mail, etcetera) the password Windows may be expecting is the one you normally use to log into one of these accounts.

If this resolves your problem, once you have logged in if you prefer to use your standard password:
  • Press Winkey + I
  • Click on Accounts
  • Click the "Sign in with local account instead" | follow prompts

Personally though it's probably best to leave it using a Microsoft Account sign in as you need to be signed in to this when syncing with your Windows Store App and other apps.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi John,

Windows 10 likes to sync with the Microsoft Accounts.

If you have one (e.g. Hotmail, MSN, Windows Live Mail, etcetera) the password Windows may be expecting is the one you normally use to log into one of these accounts.

If this resolves your problem, once you have logged in if you prefer to use your standard password:
  • Press Winkey + I
  • Click on Accounts
  • Click the "Sign in with local account instead" | follow prompts

Personally though it's probably best to leave it using a Microsoft Account sign in as you need to be signed in to this when syncing with your Windows Store App and other apps.

Regards,

Regedit32
Update;When I put in my password thats when the syptoms start ,but when I put something completley random it does it's regular thing

Reaction score
Possibly you are using a local account (?) without a password? Have you tried entering without a password?
I doubt, by the way, that it is a caps lock problem. The Window pops op with a large warning when this occurs.

Reaction score
Possibly you are using a local account (?) without a password? Have you tried entering without a password?
I doubt, by the way, that it is a caps lock problem. The Window pops op with a large warning when this occurs.
Ive tried that it just
says incorrect password

Reaction score
When I upgraded from windows 8 960 dell to windows 10 it looked fine when I first started but when I put my password it did nothing,I kept clicking it and tried to review my password but it just started loading then the page stopped loading,it shut off then it loaded on the windows page then i tried again,this repeated 18 times!And I need access on my computer for school.Please helppp
After screwing around with the WiFi usb I finally got it,thank you for all support,interst and time,just know that you helped someone else for education

Ask a Question