Passwords: Eliminating All Requests For: Possible ?

Reaction score
Hello,

Several "elderly" users, and the Password "stuff" is a really big hindrance.

e.g., I have Bootcamp, and when I switch from the Mac OS to W10 via Bootcamp, a screen
shows up with a pretty pix, and remains.

But, if I click on it, it asks for a Password.
Unless clicked on, no password request.
You can imagine the problems something like this causes for elderly folks.

Basically, I would like to eliminate every, and all, password requests
when logging in, switching from Mac OS to W10, vice versa, etc.

Any "easy" way to accomplish this ?

Thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
I am close to elderly...72 and cannot imagine any problems with passwords, now and in the future. BUT I am a firm believer in simple passwords, not these 32 character ones full of symbols and that have no meaning to a reader. I think that W10 can be set up to not require a password.

Somebody will be along to say that simple passwords cause you to get hacked and to use a password manager

Reaction score
I haven't had any problem with Microsoft Account and/or Local Account, both with Administrative Rights, in setting a password, rebooting then setting a PIN for them, usually just 4 numbers. The PIN is tied to the Password, can remove the PIN but the Password then is active.

Reaction score
I'd suggest a PIN as well. It can't get any easier although the PIN CAN contain letters and symbols if wanted.
All my Win 10 machines run on PIN.

Reaction score
Another possibility is during a clean installation of windows 10 when a password entry appears don't enter anything. Look around for a way to continue. "Next" or whatever. This worked for me as I have windows 10 operating without any sort of login or password. Love it!

Ask a Question