Recover Chrome passwords after a system restore

Reaction score
While trying to resolve a problem I had (getting rid of Cortana), I did a system restore to an earlier date with Windows.

Now all my UserName/Passwords stored have disappeared in Chrome after the restore.

Yet I have all my Bookmarks etc.up to date

Been to UserData > 'Restore previous versions', it lists a version from some 2 years ago which would be totally out of date..

is there another way to recover the missing UserNames/Passwords

thanks

Reaction score
Thanks,

But I know my password to sign into Chrome.
Its all the UserNames/Passwords I had for various websites/forums I used, that are missing.

Reaction score
Strange! I have never lost passwords with a restore.
If you know your user name for the web sites enter it when logging in, then click forgot password. The Admin will send you a new password.

Reaction score
I do know most, but its a pain in the butt having to go through them as when I visit as there could be as many as 60 sites.

Most likely its my fault as the sole user of my Laptop/Chrome I don't log-in into my Google account, only if I want to check for missing emails that I was expecting but not shown my 'Thunderbird' with my various other email accounts.

So should I keep signed-in to Google to prevent loosing my host of passwords again in the event having to System Restore in future.

Reaction score
It would help in situations like you encountered.
I save mine to a small encrypted thumb drive.

Ask a Question