SOLVED Reveal Passwords in Windows 10 Mail App

Reaction score
I've set up three email accounts in the Mail app which came pre-installed in Windows 10. Unfortunately I forgot all the email passwords now. I tried many asterisk password revealing programs but to no avail. Is there a way to recover the passwords? Thanks in advance!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi johnz,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please don't be offended but we have no way of verifying the accounts and passwords you wish to access belong to you, and thus giving you direct assistance here is not possible.

Having said that, some advice on the assumption these are your email accounts:
  • The Windows 10 Mail app is merely a tool to give you access to email accounts on your ISP or within a web-based email account. The password you stick here allows the app to access those email sites using the authentication protocols you were told to set up.
  • Thus the passwords used to access these are set on the sites themselves and not within the app itself per se. Hence your best bet is to contact whomever runs the sites your email accounts are set up on and get them to reset your password and email you so you can set them up again with a new password that you can remember.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi johnz,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please don't be offended but we have no way of verifying the accounts and passwords you wish to access belong to you, and thus giving you direct assistance here is not possible.

Having said that, some advice on the assumption these are your email accounts:
  • The Windows 10 Mail app is merely a tool to give you access to email accounts on your ISP or within a web-based email account. The password you stick here allows the app to access those email sites using the authentication protocols you were told to set up.
  • Thus the passwords used to access these are set on the sites themselves and not within the app itself per se. Hence your best bet is to contact whomever runs the sites your email accounts are set up on and get them to reset your password and email you so you can set them up again with a new password that you can remember.

Regards,

Regedit32
I have a similar problem. A developer set up an email address for a website I keep an eye on for him. I was using Mail app at the tiem, but now I have shifted all my mail accounts to a different mail app (thunderbird) but am not able to get the password for this one acount and I so not have access to the hosting provider to change my password. So I have to keep windows mail app for this one account because Windows does not allow me to see the password? Any suggestions?

Ask a Question