SOLVED Automatically generated passwords

Reaction score
I do not like the automatic password generated when I am signing up to a new site.
I cannot find out what is generating those new passwords and I don't know what app is doing it.
Any help here?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you please post a sceenshot of what this looks like when it happens please? Also, which browser are you using?

Reaction score
Capture.PNG
Firefox - latest
Here is a snap of what I am talking about.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
That's a first for me...I've never seen that before. My guess would be a Firefox setting somewhere. But as I use Firefox.....I don't see it.

You might want to check your system for malware/spyware/adware/trojans/worms and every other nasty bug out there. Then reset every browser you have to default settings or uninstall and reinstall said browsers.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't recognise that password generator. Can you please press CTRL+Shift+A within Firefox and this will load the add-ons manager.

Can you then please check the extension and plugins and see if any of them are password managers. You can post a screenshot of both lists if you'd like, and I'll double check.

Reaction score
I run FF and have never seen that before. I just attempted to create a Google account and it still requests a strong user password?

Reaction score
The add-ons are all known to me. Nothing there relative to passwords.
I have run ani-virus checks multiple times with no indications of el crappo showing up.

Reaction score
This problem is solved. The culprit is my Avast anti-virus app. And as of this writing, the user has no choice in the matter. He cannot turn the damn thing off. Because the Avast people think it is a good thing.
Thanks everybody for the replies.

Ask a Question