PC suddenly asking for Windows set up

Reaction score
Hi. When I came to use my PC last Friday (after leaving it in sleep mode the night before) there was a blue screen asking for Windows set up (picture attached). No matter what I do I can't get into it.
The model is a Medion Akoya E23401 23.8 Inch Slim All In One PC i5-8250U and it runs (ran) Windows 10 Pro. I have the original installation on a flash drive but don't know if that's the right thing to try and am scared to try in case I really mess it up (and lose everything). I do back up to OneDrive.
Thanks

Attachments

• Windows setup.jpg
    Windows setup.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
I would guess that some small detail was omitted from your recent installation?

If it were I, the first choice would be to click the *X' and be rid of the picture. Alternatively, if the details in the picture are corect, click *next'. But maybe you have tried those and the screen stays locked??

Reaction score
Thanks but there has been no recent installation. I have been using Windows 10 Pro for some considerable time and haven't done anything else (except reject Microsoft's incessant offers of Windows 11). It was working fine on Thursday night but on Friday morning I got that screen

Reaction score
Just a comment about an update, wife and I were at the supper table when a computer on my work table woke on its own to the log-in screen, just shows that sometimes updates are sent without user interaction. There's always been some type of 'warning' that some updates can't be stopped or delayed.

Ask a Question