windows 10 suddenly asking for activation

Reaction score
Hi

My laptop came with Genuine Windows 7 Professional and got free Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft. It was working fine for 3 weeks and suddenly windows 10 suddenly asking for activation. I tried to activate with the WIN 7 Pro licence keys. ut the system did not accept and continue to say Activate Windows.

Can anyone help me to get this resolved

Cheers
Ram

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There seems to be an intermittent but still on going problem with the activation service servers
I'm not sure if that is impacting your current issue or not.

Make sure you have all the latest Windows 10 updates including build 1511 and the subsequent cumulative upgrade it requires.
You should then be able to use the Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation -> Change product key button
To plug in your
WIN 7 Pro licence key
To get activated.

Reaction score
There seems to be an intermittent but still on going problem with the activation service servers
I'm not sure if that is impacting your current issue or not.

Make sure you have all the latest Windows 10 updates including build 1511 and the subsequent cumulative upgrade it requires.
You should then be able to use the Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation -> Change product key button
To plug in your

To get activated.
I am trying to connect my software programmer who activated the preloaded WIN 8 Professional that came with the laptop. I have no knowledge of any product key.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have no knowledge of any product key.
OR
I tried to activate with the WIN 7 Pro licence keys

Unless you have purchased Windows 10 then you will not have an actual Windows 10 Product Key.
The product key for your previous install of Windows 7 Pro should suffice.

And if you are fully updated to the latest version of Windows 10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.11) it supports changing the key and entering your product key for your previously qualified version of Windows.

Ask a Question