Windows store suddenly not working

Reaction score
Cannot update previously downloaded apps and cannot download any new apps. Various error messages all say try again but to no avail. Any solutions to this problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Maybe try resetting the cache and see if that helps
Right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
WSReset.exe
hit enter
See if that makes any difference.

Reaction score
I had the same problem and this worked for me.

1. Right-click on the Windows 10 Start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Copy the following PowerShell command and paste it into the CMD window: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

3. Hit Enter to initiate the script.

4. After the script finishes, immediately reboot the computer.
Once you reboot, you can jump back into the Windows Store and the pending app updates should start to download.

Reaction score
If all fails it might be your profile is corupt. So I would create a new profile and give it admin rights. I had thsi issue and it wouldn't let me create the new accout through setting so i used the command prompt.

It will take s steps
1. First you create the account net user [username] [password] /add
2. Give account admin rights new localgroup administrators [username] /add

Reboot and select the newly created account. You will see the big HI message as Window is building the profile. Once the setup is complete test the store. If it works the way you like it you can begin to make that profile like the old one. One thing I did was copied the folder and file under C:\users\old profile name to C:\users\new profile name. In order to do this i had to login in to the old account to have the authority to copy the folders. My account that was corrupt was my MS account so I had to set up the stroe tom use my MS account and One drive. I only had to do it one. I also had to log into my google account to sync the bookmarks for Chrome. I also had to reset up my email clients with the incoming server and out going server information.

Ask a Question