Performance suddenly slowed down with windows 10

Reaction score
Hi

Had some issues with windows 10 today and finally got it up and running but it doesnt feel as quick as it should do. Software taking longer to load,etc.
Checked all my drivers are up to date with hardware, I did run some benchmarks on my ssd drive and noticed theyre about half what the benchmarks are online.

This from an online review. http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MX200-500GB-as-ssd.jpg

And mine is attached and getting half the speeds. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• as-ssd-bench Crucial_CT500MX2 31.01.2016 18-40-55_windows10.jpg
    as-ssd-bench Crucial_CT500MX2 31.01.2016 18-40-55_windows10.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 655

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does Crucial provide any software for optimizing their drives, like Samsung provides something called Samsung Magician which I use to select "Maximum Performance" which in turn, disables some of the features and functions built into Windows that are unneeded with an SSD, like SuperFetch.

Reaction score
What sata port is it connected to? A sata II (3Gb/s) port only supports up to 300 MB/s. It needs to be plugged in to a sata III port to get up to 600 MB/s.

Reaction score
Does Crucial provide any software for optimizing their drives, like Samsung provides something called Samsung Magician which I use to select "Maximum Performance" which in turn, disables some of the features and functions built into Windows that are unneeded with an SSD, like SuperFetch.

Thanks. Didnt think of this. I tried Crucials storage executive software and turned on a few things like momentum cache and over provisioning, i also updated the firmware.

It certainly made a difference in the 4k benchmarks but the sequential still seem to be low.

Attachments

• as-ssd-bench Crucial_CT500MX2 01.02.2016 08-01-55_after_firmware_overprovising_momentum_Cache.jpg
    as-ssd-bench Crucial_CT500MX2 01.02.2016 08-01-55_after_firmware_overprovising_momentum_Cache.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 604
Reaction score
What sata port is it connected to? A sata II (3Gb/s) port only supports up to 300 MB/s. It needs to be plugged in to a sata III port to get up to 600 MB/s.

Actually forgot to mention its an msata card , I just checked on my gigabyte motherboard manual and it says the msata conforms to sata 3gb/sec standards. So i`m guessing those benchmarks are about right??

Reaction score
Actually forgot to mention its an msata card , I just checked on my gigabyte motherboard manual and it says the msata conforms to sata 3gb/sec standards. So i`m guessing those benchmarks are about right??
Yes, that's about right. They do make a 2.5" adapter that can plug in to the 6GB/s sata port, and they make one that plugs in to an x1 PCIe slot. I have no experience with these though.

Reaction score
Hi

Had some issues with windows 10 today and finally got it up and running but it doesnt feel as quick as it should do. Software taking longer to load, etc.

Are you launching programs via keyboard shortcut keys? If so, you may be encountering a known Windows 10 bug.
In the SEARCH field (bottom-left of screen) type "services." (no quotes). <enter>

Scroll down to SUPERFETCH and double-click it. Click the small arrow to the right of "Start Up Type" and change it to DISABLED. Reboot. You should see no performance hit, but may see a load speed improvement.

Reaction score
Hi

Had some issues with windows 10 today and finally got it up and running but it doesnt feel as quick as it should do. Software taking longer to load,etc.
Checked all my drivers are up to date with hardware, I did run some benchmarks on my ssd drive and noticed theyre about half what the benchmarks are online.

This from an online review. http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MX200-500GB-as-ssd.jpg

Thanks
if u have a store bought computer take all the junk the manufactor of the computer put on there...i would sugest wipeing the hard drive clean and do a clean install of win 10.

Reaction score
If it is a laptop, I have also had several people complaining that their Windows 10 has increasingly slowed down, not sure why. I am not a fan of Windows 10, only run dummy machines for testing. Luck to you.

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks
You can use your task manager to check which start ups you have, as some can be turned off so others can speed up!

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks
Do a good cleanup
Open Run menu: type %temp% Select All and delete some won't because they are running, but delete all that will.
Run menu: type temp do the same. Delete all that will delete
Then open this PC right click on C: Drive, properties, tools and check. This will scan the drive for errors.
If none are found, then optimize the drive. Then run Disk Cleanup.
When that is done open command prompt admin and run sfc /scannow. if that comes back with no errors you are done. If it comes back with errors such as CBS log file, then run the following command.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Let it run until complete. If it says the operation completed successfully you are done if not the the fix gets really complicated. You can email me at (e-mail address removed) for the fix and I'll send it to you. Or call Microsoft, but even they do not know the fix.

Ask a Question