PCIe WiFi Card does not connect automatically

Reaction score
Hi
Would be grateful if someone can shed some light on a problem I am having with connection of a wifi card.
I have just upgraded to a PCIe wifi card (Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I ). It replaced a rather old Edimax wifi adapter. Everything went smoothly and installation was a breeze but the problem I am having is that it will just not connect automatically at boot.

I have performed all the procedures that I can think of after a little research on the net. These include :

1. Repair corrupt system files
2. Forget your WiFi network and then reconnect to it
3. Ensured to set it as “connect automatically” in config
4. Ensured computer from turning its WiFi adapter off to save power is unchecked
5. Disabled Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
6. Created a Group Policy in registry

But unfortunately none of the above has brought any success. I always have to connect manually
when the PC starts. Once connected the connection is rock solid and no dropouts.

Thanks for any advice

Reaction score
open settings, locate wifi, enter your password for wifi, let it find wifi and connect then reopen and select auto connect and close that is all.
1579113185208.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
The card is of the newest types with the ability to connect with the higher speeds, depending on your Wi-Fi router.. Is it older and have you checked for any firmware updates for it?

You have reconnected both the antenna wires and set up the external antenna in a appropriate location?

In some situations, systems using a PCIe slot may have conflicts with other devices. If that could be the case, have you checked the manual for what may be conflicting for resources?

Just for the heck of it, you might try disabling the Fast Startup option to see if a driver situation may be involved..

Ask a Question