pcsx2 on Windows 10 Technical Preview?!

Reaction score
Well,

My system is DELL Inspiron 15z 5523 Intel Core i7-5537U 2.00GHz CPU

had the Intel HD Graphics 4000 version 10.18.10.3277 from DELL and nVIDIA GeForce GT 630M they installed very fine on Windows 10 Preview.

However, when I suddenly tried the PS2 emulator "pcsx2" the FPS drops down while in game and scenes and sounds like it's a Dual Core laptop.

Because of that I switched between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Tech Preview for re-checking. The FPS doesn't drop down on Windows 8.1 but it does in 10 Preview.

So is that a Windows issue because it is still Preview? Graphics driver somewhat still isn't compatible with this Windows or even issue with compatibility issue with pcsx2 and Widows 10 Preview?

Please tell me because I like the use of Windows 10 better than Windows 8.1
Is that related to the nVIDIA GeForce GT 630M driver that needs to be updated to work really with Windows 10 on Inspiron 15z?

Please heeelp me I like this new Windows so much because it's a compensate for Windows 7 I used to install Windows 7 but my laptop always refused..

Please help me this is the last laptop I am going to use now.. Does that mean this i7 DELL laptop will not be able to run pcsx2 with Windows 10? but what the operating system has to do with the CPU can't run pcsx2 fine where it can run it just fast and excellent with Windows 8.1?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would suggest going to dell.com support, plugging in your service tag number and see what they have available in the form of the latest drivers available.
Hopefully Windows 8 or newer, but in a pinch if they only have windows 7 drivers you might try those.
Just make sure you're downloading and installing the correct driver for system architecture (32 or 64 bit)

w10

Reaction score
I would suggest going to dell.com support, plugging in your service tag number and see what they have available in the form of the latest drivers available.
Hopefully Windows 8 or newer, but in a pinch if they only have windows 7 drivers you might try those.
Just make sure you're downloading and installing the correct driver for system architecture (32 or 64 bit)

A good suggestion by Trouble. In fact, I had a friend whose wifi connection kept dropping randomly for no apparent reason; however, there were a few recurring event viewer logs that indicated the wireless network adapter was reporting capabilities that it actually didn't have. I think he told me it had something to do with coalescaling but I'm not sure. Anyway, further research indicated his adapter was using the latest driver installed from Windows Update. He fixed this issue by downloading and installing the Win 7 driver from his OEM website and that got rid of the associated event logs too. BTW, the Win 7 driver was the latest available from the OEM website.

Ask a Question