SOLVED Phantom Outlook Contacts

Reaction score
I have two Outlook 365 email addresses but only one has contacts. When I searched for one of my contacts, last name "Phillips," it returned 6 names. No problem, all of them were ones I recognized. But when I scrolled down through the entire alphabetical list of my contacts, it only showed 3 contacts named Phillips. I would suspect that there was another contact file that the search command was also searching, but I only have one contact list that I know of. Does anyone have an idea where these other 3 Phillips names, that the search function finds, might be stored so I can see if there are other contacts there besides them?

Reaction score
Microsoft support helped me find a deleted contact file on my computer that the search function was showing contacts that had been deleted long ago. The way it was located was to select the contact from the contact list, open it by double clicking on it, select "file" in the upper left corner, and under "info" the option to "move to" shows you the file's current location. Once I was able to see where the phantom contacts were located I could delete them all.

Ask a Question