Phone Categories in People App

MLP

Reaction score
I need to add additional Phone categories in Windows People App running on my Windows 950 phone. Specifically to add Work Mobile and Personal Mobile.

Reaction score
Just click the plus sign over on the left, and a window will popup on the lef, where you can add all the details. You will find the "Mobile" option gives you the opportunity to add work:Home etc..

Last edited:

MLP

Reaction score
I need to add additional Phone categories in Windows People App running on my Windows 950 phone. Specifically to add Work Mobile and Personal Mobile.
I know how to change a Phone category from the existing list but I need to add to the list to differentiate between a Personal Mobile and Work Mobile. this does not exist in the stardard phone list.

Reaction score
It may vary from phone to phone.
On My Lumia (MS), I click the name I need to add to.
At the bottom of my screen, I Click the pencil(edit)
In the next window, I select phone, and it offers me the choices you mention.

MLP

Reaction score
It may vary from phone to phone.
On My Lumia (MS), I click the name I need to add to.
At the bottom of my screen, I Click the pencil(edit)
In the next window, I select phone, and it offers me the choices you mention.

I didn't expect the default list to cover all categories, but on other similar app I have been able to add to the category list, which I have so far not found out how to do, or indeed if it is possible. After all I don't think having a personal and work mobile number is unusual. The default list only has Mobile.

Reaction score
Maybe a forum member who is using that phone can advise??

But, If you have a MS account, then synchronising should do it. Otherwise transfer with a Bluetooth from the people App in windows 10 on your computer?

Ask a Question