Picture storage...

Reaction score
Gaaa! pictures in my Windows pictures file do not all appear in the collections section of the Photo app.... I thought that going to Photos would allow me to view and edit all photos located anywhere on my computer, including those in the pictures file.
Anybody got a solution?

note: The only reason I'm running Windows 10 is I just had to replace a PC running Windows 7 (it died), where pictures were easy to find, upload, download, etc... absolutely not the case with Windows 10... too bad I can't use Windows 7 on the new PC.

A

Advertising

Reaction score
Hello,

If you prefer the Windows 7 PhotoViewer over the Windows 10 Photos app, you can actually select the old PhotoViewer from the Settings app and use it again.

Head to Start menu >Settings > Apps > Default apps > Click Photos and select the PhotoViewer.

More recent versions of Windows 10 I think have now removed this option to select it from the list of apps to choose from, but you can still get it back again with a registry tweak.

If the PhotoViewer is not there, you can get the PhotoViewer app back again.

A

Advertising

Reaction score
I would like to try the register change (photoviewer.reg.file), but there are two users on my laptop and I only want the change to be made for one of these. Is that possible, or will this change apply to everyone who has an ID on the laptop?

Thanks
John

A

Advertising

Ask a Question