Picture storage...

Reaction score
Gaaa! pictures in my Windows pictures file do not all appear in the collections section of the Photo app.... I thought that going to Photos would allow me to view and edit all photos located anywhere on my computer, including those in the pictures file.
Anybody got a solution?

note: The only reason I'm running Windows 10 is I just had to replace a PC running Windows 7 (it died), where pictures were easy to find, upload, download, etc... absolutely not the case with Windows 10... too bad I can't use Windows 7 on the new PC.

Reaction score
Hello,

If you prefer the Windows 7 PhotoViewer over the Windows 10 Photos app, you can actually select the old PhotoViewer from the Settings app and use it again.

Head to Start menu >Settings > Apps > Default apps > Click Photos and select the PhotoViewer.

More recent versions of Windows 10 I think have now removed this option to select it from the list of apps to choose from, but you can still get it back again with a registry tweak.

If the PhotoViewer is not there, you can get the PhotoViewer app back again.

Reaction score
I would like to try the register change (photoviewer.reg.file), but there are two users on my laptop and I only want the change to be made for one of these. Is that possible, or will this change apply to everyone who has an ID on the laptop?

Thanks
John

Ask a Question