SOLVED Pictures folder in my Storage Drive D location is showing with a "3D Objects" icon.

Reaction score
The Pictures folder on the navigation pane in my File Explorer shows with the correct icon next to it, that's all well and good. However, in my Storage Drive D location, my Pictures folder in here is showing with a "3D Objects" folder icon instead of the "Pictures" icon.

How can I safely change the icon in here back to a "Pictures" icon and where would I find the icon to change it?

Thanks

HB

Reaction score
Hi HB,

right click the folder > Properties > Customize > Change Icon > Select what icon you want, that should do it ?: :)

Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Reaction score
I suspect the default has been changed by the update.
Settings -Apps.
Scroll down to the bottom and select "Choose default apps by file type"
On the left, scroll down again to your picture format (jpg?)
Click the protocol in the right-hand list. Select either "Paint" or, right at the top "Paint" or "Photos" For your purpose, I think the second may be more suitable.

Reaction score
I tried Wolfie's way first but there was only an icon of a picture in the list not of a folder with a picture beside it.

To that end, I chose the picture icon and it only showed up as a picture icon (not as a folder with a picture beside it).

However, after rebooting my PC, then the icon showed as it should; as a folder with a picture beside it.

Thanks guys, problem solved.

HB

Ask a Question