PIN Something went wrong. Try again later.

Reaction score
When I login as a local user I don't have a problem. When I login on the domain I get this error. I am running Windows 10 Enterprise version 1709 (Build 16299.431). I have another machine on the domain this is not have the problem but that machine has been setup for a while.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You'll need to enable it in the local group policy editor
gpedit.msc
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon

Capture.PNG

I would assume there is a similar Domain Policy that also has to be enabled, but....
Since you report that it is working on another Domain Joined machine, I suspect that, that is not the issue.

Reaction score
The local policy is set on for PIN sign-in. I tied to set the PIN on another machine on the domain and cannot on that one either. The machine that is working on the domain has been setup for months. Does anyone know what might be set on the domain that prevents new machines from setting up the PIN for machines that do not have it set already?

Reaction score
Just a thought! You mention "new machines from setting up the PIN for machines that do not have it set already" Are the new machines set up and belong to the domain?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Windows 10 Version 1607 and later includes new functionality that differentiates Windows Hello for Business from a convenience sign-in PIN.
Windows Hello for Business has strong user authentication properties that are frequently and mistakenly assumed to be functioning when the Windows Hello for Business infrastructure is not in place and when a user is using a convenience PIN. This change prevents the creation of a PIN in Windows 10 and later version without Windows Hello for Business.
SOURCE: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...n-convenience-pin-and-hello-for-business-poli

Reaction score
VIA - IC Ensemble, Inc. - media - Envy24 Family Audio Controller WDM 64 bits - Error 0x80240061

Ask a Question