Pinned Items in Custom TaskBar Shortcut

Reaction score
I created a shortcut to a scripts directory on my drive and pinned it to the taskbar. When I click it the shortcut opens as expected however, I would like it to function like the built in explorer shortcut. I would like to right-click the shortcut and see all or some of the scripts and select them from the list instead of opening the folder and running them that way. Is there anyway to have this type of functionality?

Reaction score
Hi LongsLang
Have you noticed that the taskbar does not do that ?! :eek:
Instead, try placing your shortcut on the Start menu, which will allow it to display the contents of a folder. ;)
It's in the folder:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools
A +
Jean Claude

Reaction score
A way I've done similar is to right-click the Taskbar and choose Toolbars, New toolbar. Then I choose a Folder [such as Downloads]. When I click the little double arrow on the Taskbar the list of files and Folders within that folder comes up.

Ask a Question