SOLVED Plug in headphones problem

Reaction score
Speakers are not disabled by plug in headphones and fixes are temporary. Have considered wireless bluetooth headphones but Settings>Sound doesn't show separate speakers, headphones option. I rarely use my speakers so just pulling the plug is an option. I have a Dell XPS 8930.
Any comments on the Bluetooth idea?
Thanks

Reaction score
Speakers are not disabled by plug in headphones and fixes are temporary. Have considered wireless bluetooth headphones but Settings>Sound doesn't show separate speakers, headphones option. I rarely use my speakers so just pulling the plug is an option. I have a Dell XPS 8930.
Any comments on the Bluetooth idea?
Thanks
Are you saying that when you plug in headphones your built in speakers do not turn off

Reaction score
My speakers turn off when I use my headphones. Either by Bluetooth or by plugging them into the Line out on my pc. True for W10 and W11 on my machines.

Reaction score
Are you saying that when you plug in headphones your built in speakers do not turn off
Yes. Have tried reinstalling and upgrading Realtek. Also, blowing out the plug-in port. Have searched for a solution but have the impression it's a common problem with no easy fix.

Reaction score
If so select the speaker icon in windows and hit speakers/headphones. the computer should automatically turn off speakers and play through jack. Also, is it playing through both sides of earbuds or headphones?

Reaction score
Yes. Have tried reinstalling and upgrading Realtek. Also, blowing out the plug-in port. Have searched for a solution but have the impression it's a common problem with no easy fix.
try rolling back drivers although i am very sure it is hardware issue. Has this issue been around as long as your computer existed or did it just start?

Reaction score
Finally installed Realtek HD, with help from Windows troubleshooter [first time it ever worked]. Anyway, the headphones work and speakers shut off! Hope it will continue.
Thanks for your input

Ask a Question