SOLVED HDMI speakers on Samsung TV now show to be "not plugged in".

Reaction score
I have my (old) pc connected to the HDMI port on a Samsung TV, and all was working great. At one time, after a new preview build install, I lost use of the TV speakers. I waited a week or two, and then a build seemed to bring them back again (I was a happy camper lol). Then, another build dropped the speakers again, and I have not been able to get them to work again. I have uninstalled the speakers and drivers (although control panel shows this as a HDMI jack speaker). I have shopped through the TV menus looking for a hint, but have had no luck. More info available on request, but if anyone can assist, I would love to get the TV speakers working again.

Attachments

• sysinfo.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 202
Reaction score
Hey Wolfie; thanks for your response. Unfortunately it did not work but it did put me on the right track. My video card is the Asus AH5570, and after I removed the card and plugged my HDMI cable into the built in port on the mother board, I started getting sound through the TV speakers like I was supposed to. As a result, I went to Asus and downloaded the last drivers for this card (last modified for Win 8) and installed them. I put the card Asus card back in, plugged in the HDMI cable and reinstalled the drivers, then with a reboot I had sound and picture as they were meant to be. Thanks again.

Ask a Question