IOGEAR Wireless HDMI

Reaction score
I bought a IOGEAR wireless HDMI adapter to connect my TV to my PC. Asked them some questions because I am having troubles. They asked if my Win 10 Pro was OEM or upgrade. Looking at their specs it says 10 OEM. What difference is there? My PC sees the adapter but connection fails. I got a feeling I just blew $70.

Reaction score
As for the OEM or Upgrade, it more than likely is about who will support it. OEM models are supported by the vendor/manufacturer instead of Microsoft.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I bought a IOGEAR wireless HDMI adapter to connect my TV to my PC.
To do this, you have to check with the TV manufacturer. Some manufacturers will allow this while others wont. Even those that do usually require a special wifi adapter that you have to purchase through them.

What I think you bought will work but it's only part of what you need. You will need the transmitter and receiver from what I've just been reading.

https://www.iogear.com/product/GWHD11/

FYI: Most of the reviews are terrible.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To do this, you have to check with the TV manufacturer. Some manufacturers will allow this while others wont. Even those that do usually require a special wifi adapter that you have to purchase through them.

What I think you bought will work but it's only part of what you need. You will need the transmitter and receiver from what I've just been reading.

https://www.iogear.com/product/GWHD11/

FYI: Most of the reviews are terrible.
I have what's needed to connect. My Galaxy S5 connects instantly but has poor image quality. The PC shows connecting, both screens go black as specified but the TV stays black until connection fails. IOGREAR says OEM Win 10 not upgraded version. I do not understand what the difference is. I guess I'll send MS the question.

Ask a Question