SOLVED Preview Build 18898 (20H1)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Available now for Fast Ring....
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18898 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ider-preview-build-18898/#RTmv2i4uc3LLDI7e.97

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have been trying to get this update several times with no luck. I am on 18895 with no problems.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I am on 18895 with no problems.
That's the build that I was on when I manually went to Update & security and clicked check for updates and there it was.
All I can suggest is, keep trying, double check and confirm that you're still on "Fast", throw a couple reboots in for good measure.

Reaction score
downloading now although it started at 100% which is sure not correct. I clicked on Fast and restarted several times and finally got back on fast.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No sweat.... let us know how it goes.
I've seen that same 100% and a minute later I was presented with the manual "Download Now" button.

IF this stuff wasn't so confusing, it wouldn't be as entertaining.

Reaction score
Installed and working after a long pause. I think my problem was due to a mistake I made yesterday in attempting to read a hard drive that had been copied from my very old computer. I hooked up that old drive along with my best new drive and forgot to press delete to choose the proper boot drive. It tried to boot from old XP with questionable contents and led to a few hours of trying backup drives to get functioning again, culminating in a reset that fixed the problem. That probably changed my insider setting to Slow instead of Fast and needed a lot of persuasion to change back.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I could not even begin to count the number of times, problems that I have run into were of the self-inflicted variety.
Glad you managed to figure yours out. Thanks for the follow-up.

Reaction score
Windows Update has new issue maybe in other recent builds. If I press the Windows key to check for updates I get a blank page that just disappears. The only way to check for update is to click on Settings, Update & Security. This will allow you to check for updates. Maybe this change is ok if there are no updates available but it is a little confusing.

Reaction score
Windows Update has new issue maybe in other recent builds. If I press the Windows key to check for updates I get a blank page that just disappears. The only way to check for update is to click on Settings, Update & Security. This will allow you to check for updates. Maybe this change is ok if there are no updates available but it is a little confusing.
Hmm. That is the way I have always checked for updates. Hitting the Windows key - on my computers, gets me the start menu

Reaction score
My earlier "Hmm. That is the way I have always checked for updates. Hitting the Windows key - on my computers, gets me the start menu"
You probably meant WinKey and U ? Still works for me.

Ask a Question