Preview Build 18917

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
New 20H1 build for Fast Ring Insiders available now

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
First attempt needed a retry but second worked but very slow. Using this update now

Reaction score
I decided to try scannow and it gets to 34% and then stops with the error message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." The internet shows a way to fix this but it is complicated and I may have made a mistake because it did not work.
I think Microsoft is getting too cute with added complexity that will make most people have problems.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As I mentioned with the last build, I'm not overly concerned with this issue as I can remember back a version or two of Windows 10 have had this problem during their Insider runs.
AND
Mine failed like yours and then after a couple days of running that build I did a system cleanup and tried again and for some reason it worked the second time.
Haven't tried it yet with this release.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AND
Go Figure.....

Capture1.PNG

Just like it's suppose to. First and only try on this build.
I guess we can say that it's pretty random

Reaction score
Just like it's suppose to. First and only try on this build.
If you eliminated the errant file/s with the previous cleanup, the problem doesn't seem to reoccur but might be brought forward from prior installs.

Not sure why all the builds are being released, maybe they are working on the Memory problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you eliminated the errant file/s with the previous cleanup, the problem doesn't seem to reoccur but might be brought forward from prior installs.
Interesting thought, no doubt a possibility worth considering.
ON the other-hand I prefer to think that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't....
That's the new "Microsoft Normal", the only thing reliable is its' unreliablility

Ask a Question