SOLVED Printer Not Found In Control Panel

Reaction score
I have an Epsom Stylus CX8400 all-in-one printer. I tried to update the drivers, but because it is not listed in the "Printer / Devises" section of the Control Panel it wouldn't let me do the update driver. If I do a Word doc it is listed as a printer option that can be used to print the document. So why is it listed there but not in the Control Panel "Printer / Devises" section? What do I do to fix this.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Foxes,

Its possible the Printer is not currently enabled and thus not being seen by the System.

Have you right-clicked on Start and selected Device Manager then expanded the Printers there at all?

You ought to be able to check your printer status there and also update drivers there too.

Reaction score
I have seen this...not for an Epsom but for a HP.

The printer I came across is a wifi printer and is visible from another machine on the network. Word sees the printer and can print to it but the Printers settings page does not see it. The printer IS visible in the network page in file explorer. I found that just loading the HP install software made it appear properly...although that also loaded the usual HP bloatware.

This particular printer would NOT originally install on wifi just didn't work...but after it was install usb and then the wifi turned on it immediately came to life. An HP bug I guess.

Reaction score
No luck. I tried that first. I have added printers that way before, so I know how to do that. I have never had any problems with an HP printer (including a 12 year old 32 bit one), but why only the Epson?

Reaction score
Have you tried using the option "My printer is a little older, help me find it" It updates the list of printers (Takes a heck of a time1). In the updated list you may see yours.
I have used this a couple of times for friends using unidentified or older printers and it has always worked.

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question