Printer properties

Reaction score
Windows 10: I am trying to install a new printer but first I got error message: USB Composite Device can't work properly with USB 3.0, now I am denied access to printer server properties and totally stuck. Help!!!

Reaction score
It may be a limitation of the printer in that it wants to be plugged into a USB 2 port instead of USB 3, have seen it more with slightly older printers. May have to fully uninstall the printer's software, reboot and try with a different port. Note: USB 3 cables, with the blue center in the plug/s, don't fully fit USB 2 devices, only the computer end and not all USB 3 things are backward compatible with USB 2 although can see it mentioned that they should be in their descriptions.

Also, right-click the Start button, click Device Manager, check the USB section for USB Enhanced [for USB 2] and/or USB 3 support, may need new drivers.

Reaction score
Yes i had a USB HD enclosure that I purchased with a cloning kit. I plugged it into a USB 3 and the device wasn't found. I then plugged it into a USB 2 port and it was found. Can the printer connect via WiFI? I would try that.

Reaction score
Lilly, after one post two months ago, seems to have vanished. maybe the problem was solved

Ask a Question