Printing on Windows 10 pro system

Reaction score
I have recently built a new PC based around the Z170 chip with i7 6700K processor. Since then I have had a problem with print quality on my Epson SC-P600. The colours are dark with what looks like too much black with vibrance muted and a particular problem with colour shift on reds to wine. I am printing from Photoshop CC. It doesn't matter what settings in the driver I choose be it Photoshop controlled or printer controlled, ICM settings or printer defaults, the prints are the same. I have printed from Windows Picture viewer, tried the motherboards onboard graphics, my AMD FirePro and even a GeForce 950 all with the same negative results. Before this new system I was using Windows 7 and encountered no problems so I tried rebooting into windows 7 and ran off a print of the same photo and it worked. The print closely matched my profiled monitor.
Is Windows 10 Pro my problem? A different forum didn't help only suggesting I check i'm using the latest drivers which of course I am. Epson were not much help either.
I have decided to built a new Zeon E5 v4 based workstation with Quadro graphics but since Windows 7 is no longer a viable option it will again be a Windows 10 platform.
I would like to hear from anyone who can offer a possible explanation for my dilemma and in particular from anyone running a Windows 10 system and using a Canon PIXMA Pro-1 or Epson SC-P600 printer. Does it work?

Reaction score
This is not a function I have had use for, but, maybe might be the root of your peoblem.

Settings Devices
and, half way down, UNtick "Let Windows manage my default printer."
I think this may be badly worded, and only means that Windows 10 will automatically select your printer, not manage it beyond that.

Reaction score
Thanks for your response Dave but I have tried that. Unfortunately it made no difference.

Ask a Question