Problem initializing Firefox

Reaction score
I am running Windows 10 and after transferring all files to a new laptop in January Firefox loaded and worked perfectly. However a couple of days ago Firefox would not initialize with the error message: "Configuration system failed to initialize. Another instance is running". I tried rebooting my machine but this did not close the "another instance" which I assume is a version of Firefox running in the background. I have tried uninstalling Firefox with a view to reinstalling but I am asked to come out of Firefox before the uninstallation can proceed. Can anybody help?

Reaction score
Open Task manager>Processes left click on all instances of Firefox and End the process. Uninstall and re-install.

Reaction score
I don't really know, you must have corrupt files? If Firefox.exe isn't showing in Task manager "Processes."
Was Firefox your default browser? if so, change your default browser to IE or Edge...
Open C:\ Program files\Mozilla Firefox\Uninstall folder and try uninstalling/reinstall again.

Ask a Question