SOLVED Problem with getting into safe mode

Reaction score
My situation is unique to say the least and I've had to deal with it about three times now.

The problem occurs sometimes when I update either windows 10 or my graphics card. During the tea start the driver update it is update corrupts the driver, this usually causes a couple of blue screens and one really weird, and specific issue that is the real problem. When Windows is done loading and I get to the login screen my monitor no longer displays anything, beacuase the graphics card driver now believes that it should output to the second monitor port. My monitor is unable to connect to that port.

Luckily I know how to fix it. All I have to do is go into safe mode, and delete the driver, which solves the issue. This is where I need help. I can't safe boot it from windows 10 itself because i can't navigate to the correct setting due to the issue functionality blinding me. I do have a recovery disk to boot into advanced start up, sadly I can't renable the f8 at startup because when I try the bcdedit trick it does not work (it says something like "the directory cannot be found"). I have one way to fix this that has always worked but I have the worst time finding it.

When you go into advanced startup, there can be the startup settings and I can enable safe boot from there. Problem is that startup settings is not always there, it only shows up when you enter andvanced startup in certain ways. Each time I've got this issue I was able to get it in a different way, first time was just dumb luck and it happened to show up, second time I was able to mash a button at start up and it brought me to advanced start up which just so happened to have startup settings. Now it's the third time and I'm clueless. If you have a way to get into advanced startup with startup settings that I can get to without being able to use windows 10 itself or at least with no vision (the narrator only helps so much) then please reply. I really am stuck and I need help. (Also if you know how to stop the problem from happening in the first place it would also be much appreciated)

Other things that might help:
I updated my driver with device manager.
My gpu is a nividia quadro k5000.
Yes I was running command prompt as an administrator.
When trying the bcdedit trick I notice I was in x/windows/system32
Instead of x/sources like I saw in YouTube videos.
I was using a USB recovery drive not windows 10 installation.
While the bsods I do get with this issue are often random the one I recived this time around was 0xe000000e.

Reaction score
Good news bad news, good news I found the startup options. Bad news is that whenever I try to load windows in any way it attempts to repair my drive, diagnosis my pc. Then it brings me right back to the advanced options. It has gotten to the point where I have a feeling that the computer has been screwed beyond repair. So I tried to do a system restore, it does not work, and nothing like that is working. So unless there is a magic solution then I guess I'll have to reset everything. I'm just wondering , will the driver in question be removed from my computer when I do the windows reinstall?

Ask a Question