Problem with Store apps

Reaction score
For some time I have been having a persistent problem with Windows Store apps. Every day or so some of them vanish along with their tiles and all apps listing, usually about half a dozen at a time.. If I can remember which one(s) have gone missing I re-install them from the Store, again and again. What can make it worse is that usually any user data is lost too so that Reminders, ToDos,, Notes etc. have to be re-installed, only to disappear yet again a few days later. I am sometimes helped with this if the data has been synced to my phone. I some cases I only find then app is missing when I try to use it, typically via 'Open with'.

This is getting increasingly annoying so suggestions as to what might cure it would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Something like this happened to me, only very rapidly.
I shut down everything fine on Saturday, started up Monday, a few apps gone restarted my computer and all microsoft apps gone including the store start menu none responsive and task manager freezes as soon as it opened.

Shut down again to ask for help only to be met with a blue windows screen and no options for anything. I hope you fix yours before it gets to this stage as I have now got a very expensive doorstop!

Ask a Question