System Restore Problem with Windows 10

Riz

Reaction score
Hi! I can't seem to run system restore. I've read on the problem and found that other people who have windows 10 also had this and tried the solutions that worked for them, but those didn't work on my laptop. I'm trying to restore it because i think an app was installed in my laptop that had a virus creating shortcuts in my external drives.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I can't seem to run system restore.

Hi Riz,

Can you clarify your statement please.
  • Are you saying you cannot get System Restore to even open? Or,
  • Are you saying it runs but cannot complete the task of restoring?

If the latter are you given a specific error message and error code? If yes, please post that information here.

Also, you said you read of others having similar trouble and that you tried their solutions. Can you please post what precisely you have tried all ready in an attempt to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Riz.

Type System Restore into Cortana and that will take you there.

Now the bad news. System Restore is stronger in Windows 10 than in previous versions, but it is not designed to remove viruses (Although sometimes it does). Try running your anti-virus, and then run the free Malwarebytes.

In your Start Button, open All Programs. Near the top is "Recently Added" and see if the new unwanted app is there.

Riz

Reaction score
Hi Riz,

If the latter are you given a specific error message and error code? If yes, please post that information here.

Also, you said you read of others having similar trouble and that you tried their solutions. Can you please post what precisely you have tried all ready in an attempt to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Regedit32

I got busy and haven't checked replies to this question but to clarify, the system restore windows just flashes for a second and then disappears. so i cannot use it. however, it seems that windows 10 needed a month before it runs fully without restrictions because my laptop is okay now. thanks, anyway!

Riz

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Riz.

Type System Restore into Cortana and that will take you there.

Now the bad news. System Restore is stronger in Windows 10 than in previous versions, but it is not designed to remove viruses (Although sometimes it does). Try running your anti-virus, and then run the free Malwarebytes.

In your Start Button, open All Programs. Near the top is "Recently Added" and see if the new unwanted app is there.

thanks! however, fortunately, my laptop is okay now after using windows 10 for a month. i don;t know what's with it but there's an option saying "restore is available only after a month of using windows 10". so the problem is fixed now. thanks anyway for the help!

Reaction score
Hi Riz,

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
If system restore ends up with a message saying it couldn't restore it's usually caused by your anti virus program. Turn it off and try again.

Ask a Question