Virtualstore problem

Reaction score
i am preparing an pc for pro use in shows/gigs for a friend.
to save SSD space i want software savings (example DMX Shows) to safe to another drive who's an HDD.
in the case of Chamsys MagicQ program saving are done in own directory but since a while , windows redirect it to Virtualstore.
i know what it does and why and have no problem with it but i want the saving in "show" map going to the HDD map . the other MagicQ maps doesnt matter much and can stay in Virtualstore.

ive been researching this for days for an easy solution but sofar i only found an go around by programing in C+ or C++.im in no means an programmer and im not at lvl todo so.

is there an way to redirect whats going into that show file in Virtualstore to another drive / file without turning off UAC and doing the permission stuff (thats more an access fix and not an redirect)

cant find any thing in program or in directory files something so that i could change the path of the saving and even if i do , im not sure if the program can use it.

all that i have tried so far fails . also tried to redirect like the basic files (documents,music,video ,etc) to the HDD (works fine for that but not for Virtualstore)

i dont want to have an easy quick access to the files i want the files be saved to another drive than the C-drive as those savings can get very big.

that windows redirect for security to other files is ok but why does it seems to be forced to virtualstore on C-drive and why cant we choose the file and drive where it should redirect to.

tx for answer
Ruangi

Ask a Question